The month of September is dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows, whose memorial the Church celebrates on September 15
The Holy Father’s Intentions for the Month of September 2022
For the abolition of the death penalty: We pray that the death penalty, which attacks the dignity of the human person, may be legally abolished in every country.
Feasts for September
03. Gregory the Great, Memorial
04. Twenty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
05. Teresa of Calcutta, Opt. Mem.
08. Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Feast
09. Peter Claver (USA), Memorial
11. Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
12. Most Holy Name of Mary, Opt. Mem.
13. John Chrysostom, Memorial
14. Exaltation of the Holy Cross, Feast
15. Our Lady of Sorrows, Memorial
16. Cornelius and Cyprian, Memorial
17. Robert Bellarmine, Hildegard of Bingen, Opt. Mem.
18. Twenty-Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
19. Januarius, Opt. Mem.
20. Andrew Kim Taegon, Paul Chong Hasang and Companions, Memorial; Thanksgiving Day, USA, Optional Memorial
21. Matthew, Apostle, Feast
23. Pius of Pietrelcina, Memorial
25. Twenty-Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
26. Cosmas and Damian, Opt. Mem.
27. Vincent de Paul, Memorial
28. Wenceslaus; Lawrence Ruiz and Companions, Opt. Mem.
29. Michael, Gabriel & Raphael, Archangels, Feast
30. Jerome, Memorial
The Gospels for the Sundays in September 2022
are from the Gospel of St. Luke from Cycle C, Weekdays following Year II.
September 4th – 23rd Sunday in Ordinary Time
“Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple.”
September 11th – 24th Sunday in Ordinary Time
This Gospel relates the parable of the Prodigal Son and the Forgiving Father.
September 18th – 25th Sunday in Ordinary Time
“No servant can serve two masters. He will either hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and mammon.”
September 25th – 26th Sunday in Ordinary Time
The Gospel tells the parable of Dives and Lazarus.