The month of October is dedicated to the Holy Rosary. The Memorial of Our Lady of the Rosary is celebrated on October 7.
The Holy Father’s Intentions for the Month of October 2022
For a Church open to everyone: We pray for the Church; ever faithful to, and courageous in preaching the Gospel, may the Church be a community of solidarity, fraternity and welcome, always living in an atmosphere of synodality
Feasts for October
01. Thérèse of the Child Jesus, Memorial
02. Twenty-Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
04. Francis of Assisi, Memorial
05. Bl. Francis Xavier Seelos; St. Faustina Kowalska, Opt. Mem.
06. Bruno; Bl. Marie Rose Durocher (USA), Opt. Mem.
07. Our Lady of the Rosary, Memorial
09. Twenty-Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
11. St. John XXIII, Opt. Mem.
14. Callistus I, Opt. Mem.
15. Teresa of Jesus, Memorial
16. Twenty-Ninth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
17. Ignatius of Antioch, Memorial
18. Luke, Evangelist, Feast
19. John de Brebeuf, Isaac Jogues and Companions (USA), Memorial
20. Paul of the Cross, Opt. Mem.
22. John Paul II, Opt. Mem.
23. Thirtieth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
24. Anthony Claret, Opt. Mem.
28. Simon & Jude, Apostles, Feast
30. Thirty-First Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
The Gospels for the Sundays in October 2022
The Gospels for the Sundays in October 2022 are taken from St. Luke from Year C, Weekdays follow Cycle II.
October 2nd – 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Jesus says “We are unprofitable servants; we have done what we were obliged to do.”
October 9th – 28th – Sunday in Ordinary Time
This Gospel tells of Jesus healing the ten lepers.
October 16th – 29th Sunday in Ordinary Time
The Gospel tells the parable of the persistent widow and the unjust judge.
October 23rd – 30th Sunday in Ordinary Time
The Gospel tells the parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector.
October 30th – 31st Sunday in Ordinary Time
The Gospel relates the story of Jesus meeting with Zacchaeus.
extract from catholicculture.org