The month of December is dedicated to the Immaculate Conception
The feast is celebrated on December 8th.
extract from catholicculture.org
The Holy Father’s Intentions for the Month of December 2022
For volunteer not-for-profit organizations: We pray that volunteer
non-profit organizations committed to human development find people dedicated to the common good and ceaselessly seek out new paths to international cooperation
Feast Days for December
03. Francis Xavier, Memorial
04. SECOND SUNDAY OF ADVENT, Sunday
06. Nicholas, Opt. Mem.
07. Ambrose, Memorial
08. IMMACULATE CONCEPTION OF MARY, Solemnity
09. Juan Diego (USA), Opt. Mem.
11. THIRD SUNDAY OF ADVENT, GUADETE SUNDAY, Sunday
12. Our Lady of Guadalupe (USA), Feast
13. Lucy, Memorial
14. John of the Cross, Ember Wednesday, Memorial
18. FOURTH SUNDAY OF ADVENT, Sunday
21. Peter Canisius; O Dayspring, Opt. Mem.
23. John of Kanty; O Emmanuel, Opt. Mem.
25. NATIVITY OF THE LORD (Christmas), Solemnity
26. Stephen, Feast
27. John, Apostle, Feast
28. Holy Innocents, Feast
29. 5th Day in the Octave of Christmas; Thomas Becket , Opt. Mem.
30. Feast of the Holy Family, Feast
31. 7th Day in the Octave of Christmas; Sylvester I, Opt. Mem.
Focus of the Liturgy
The Gospels for the four Sundays in December 2022, are taken from St. Matthew are from Cycle A.
December 4th — 2nd Sunday in Advent
The Gospel is about John the Baptist preaching in the wilderness.
December 11th — 3rd Sunday in Advent
The Gospel today recounts the story of St. John the Baptist telling his followers about the coming Messiah.
December 18th — 4th Sunday of Advent
The Gospel is about the revelation to St. Joseph of Mary’s virginal conception.
December 25th — Solemnity of Christmas
The Gospel at Night recounts the birth of Christ in Bethlehem and the visit of the shepherds. The Weekday readings are from Year I.