The Holy Father’s Intentions for the Month of January 2022
For true human fraternity: We pray for all those suffering from religious discrimination and persecution; may their own rights and dignity be recognized, which originate from being brothers and sisters in the human family.
Focus of the Liturgy
January 2 Epiphany of the Lord – Matthew 2:1-12: This Gospel describes the Magi visiting the Christ Child.
January 9 Baptism of the Lord – Year C, Luke 3:15-16, 21-22: Jesus’ baptism by John the Baptist in the Jordan. “You are my beloved Son…”
January 16th 2nd Sunday in Ordinary Time – Year C, John 2:1-11: The Wedding Feast at Cana, where Mary says, “Do whatever he tells you.”
January 23rd 3rd Sunday in Ordinary Time – Year C, Luke 1:1-4, 4:14-21: Jesus speaks in the synagogue in Nazareth. “Today this Scripture passage is fulfilled in your hearing.”
January 30th 4th Sunday in Ordinary Time – Year C, Luke 4:21-30: Jesus says, “No prophet is accepted in his own native place.”
Feasts for January
01. Solemnity of Mary, the Mother of God, The Octave Day of Christmas, Solemnity
02. Epiphany of the Lord, Solemnity
03. Most Holy Name of Jesus, Opt. Mem.
04. Elizabeth Ann Seton (USA and CAN), Memorial
05. John Neumann, Memorial
06. Andre Bessette (USA); Thursday after Epiphany, Opt. Mem.
07. Raymond of Penafort; Friday after Epiphany, Opt. Mem.
09. Baptism of the Lord, Feast
13. Hilary; Kentigern (Scotland), Opt. Mem.
16. Second Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
17. Anthony, Memorial
20. Fabian; Sebastian, Opt. Mem.
21. Agnes, Memorial
22. Day of Prayer for Unborn, Opt. Mem.
23. Third Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday of the Word of God, Sunday
24. Francis de Sales; Our Lady of Peace, Memorial
25. Feast of Conversion of St. Paul the Apostle, Feast
26. Timothy and Titus, Memorial
27. Angela Merici, Opt. Mem.
28. Thomas Aquinas, Memorial
30. Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
31. John Bosco, Memorial
extract from catholicculture.org