The month of April is dedicated to The Holy Spirit.
The first fifteen days of the month fall during the season of Lent which is represented by the liturgical color violet or purple — a symbol of penance, mortification and the sorrow of a contrite heart. The remainder of April falls during the Easter season which is represented by the liturgical color white — the color of light, a symbol of joy, purity and innocence (absolute or restored).
The Holy Father’s Intentions for the Month of April 2022
For health care workers: We pray for health care workers who serve the sick and the elderly, especially in the poorest countries; may they be adequately supported by governments and local communities.
April 3rd – 5th Sunday of Lent Year C, John 8:12-13:
Jesus forgives the woman taken in adultery; “Let the one among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”
April 10 – Palm Sunday of the Lord’s Passion Year C, Entry: Luke 19:28-40,
Passion: Luke 22:14–23:56: The reading of the Passion of Our Lord from St. Luke’s Gospel.
April 17 – Easter Sunday – Year C, Vigil: Luke 24:1-12;
John 20:1-9: The Gospels recounts recounts the women and the Apostles’ visits to the empty tomb of Christ on Easter morning.
April 24 – 2nd Sunday of Easter of Divine Mercy Year A B C, John 20:19-31:
Jesus appears to the Apostles after the Resurrection, and the relating of the doubt of St. Thomas.
Feasts for April
02. Francis of Paola, Opt. Mem.
03. Fifth Sunday of Lent, Sunday
04. St. Isidore of Seville, Opt. Mem.
05. Vincent Ferrer, Opt. Mem.
10. Palm Sunday of the Lord’s Passion, Sunday
14. Holy Thursday, Triduum
15. Good Friday of the Lord’s Passion, Triduum
16. Holy Saturday, Triduum
17. Easter Sunday, The Resurrection of the Lord, Solemnity
18. Monday in the Octave of Easter, Solemnity
19. Tuesday in the Octave of Easter, Solemnity
20. Wednesday in the Octave of Easter, Solemnity
21. Thursday in the Octave of Easter, Solemnity
22. Friday in the Octave of Easter, Solemnity
23. Saturday in the Octave of Easter, Solemnity
24. Second Sunday of Easter (or Sunday of Divine Mercy), Solemnity
25. St. Mark, Feast
28. Peter Chanel (NZ, Feast); Louis Mary de Montfort; Gianna Molla, mother (Italy), Opt. Mem.
29. Catherine of Siena, Memorial
30. Pius V; Marie de l’Incarnacion (Can), Opt. Mem.
extract from catholicculture.org